Faithful Friends is a Christian community-based mentoring program that provides children support and stability through relationships that encourage personal growth and inspires hope. They provide a 3 part training. This is a weekly commitment where you are matched with a 6 to 9 year old child in the Rockwood area. Make a life-changing difference!
PREPARE & SERVE A MEAL
Volunteers are needed to prepare & serve dinners at the Human Solutions Women's Shelter. They are seeking groups to come with a meal, set it out, then pack up leftovers. Contact Theda Hlavka by filling out this online form with any questions, or to sign-up.
LoADING GROCERIES FOR HOMELESS SHELTER
1 to 2 volunteers needed weekly to help load and unload food for the homeless shelter. Fridays from 10am to 11:30 am.
If you would like to purchase any of these items you can drop them off behind the Love Rockwood Kiosk and place it in the red tub. Last day we're collecting supplies will be Aug 26th. We will deliver them to Davis. Thank you!
Charts are updated daily.
Some of Your Testimonies...
- I help set up and participate in a Weekly women’s AA meeting held at the women’s shelter.
- Kids got to help make and serve snow cones at BTown Kids. So much fun!
- Wonderful morning serving at the Salvation Army.
- I served at the FCA soccer camp. I loved talking to the moms that stayed to watch and listening about their lives. It was also wonderful to get to know fellow Good Shepherd folks, and to find out we all have so much in common. I think we all want to do great things for God and serve His people, sometimes we just don’t know what to do. Love how Good Shepherd is showing us there are so many ways we can get involved. It was truly a blessing!!
- Faithful Friends training #1 was impressive! Interactive discussion, well planned and executed by Curtis Holm.
- I have volunteered at the Good News Clinic on Tuesday afternoons.
- We are having a blast serving at the Salvation Army! The staff is so friendly and it is great getting to spend a little time with the people that come in to the food bank! We can't wait to go back next week!
- Was blessed to prepare and serve both staff and select volunteers in recognition of their service to the Salvation Army.
- Have been volunteering at the Salvation Army food pantry. It has been a wonderful experience to see how organized they are to help so many families each day Monday through Thursday. Also to see how much they care about each of them. Will definitely be going back to help them.
- Volunteered as a Food Pantry shopping helper with the Salvation Army. Very impressed how compassionate and organized they are in reaching and helping in those in need. It was a fun and rewarding experience. I have signed up to help 1-2 times per month on an on-going basis.